Hallo und herzlich Willkommen,
I am Katja, an experienced native online German tutor in London, and worldwide.
I tutor anyone of every age who would like to learn German but finds it difficult sometimes.
My Experience in person and online
I have been tutoring German for over 12 years to numerous private students and many well known corporate clients, such as Deutsche Börse and Coca Cola and VISA. The best piece of praise I ever got from a student was: Your lessons are brilliant. I never thought it would be possible for me to learn so much and have fun at the same time.
Helping my students to improve their rusty German skills, learn the language from scratch, or pass that tough exam makes me very proud. It just goes to show that a skilful tutor and a willing student are the perfect ingredients to successful learning.
Once people start working with me, they stick with me for years — a testament to my tailored approach and experienced tutoring-style.
My work is my passion and I want the absolute best for my students. I know learning the German language can be challenging at times, but I will guide you during the whole process. With my online tutoring, my tailored material and my patients you will get to the next level. My approach is interactive, fun and efficient. During every online lesson we practice reading, writing, listening, Grammar and lots of speaking. Want to know more? Check out the 7 reasons why you should learn with me.
- Certified German teacher (IH-Zertifikat Deutsch als Fremdsprache)
- Certified English teacher from Cambridge University (Level 4 CELTA)
- Certified Goethe Institut examiner for all exams (from A1-C1) and for young learner exams (Fit in Deutsch 1 and 2)
- Certified in Business English and Business Spanish (LCCI Level 3, Basico)
- Certified in French as a foreign language (DELF B2)
- Studied German, French literature and Media Science in Paderborn/Germany
- I participate in regular trainings on new teaching methods from different Goethe Institutes in Germany and England
When I am not tutoring German online
- I love to go offline and play lots of sports. Yoga and running are my favourites – I recently completed my 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training in Bali.
- I enjoy the outdoors. There is nothing more relaxing than a walk in the countryside.
- As much as I love London, travelling is one of my favourite hobbies. I like going on a trip as often as possible.
- Being a language student is as important to me as being a language tutor.
I regularly take part in language courses and trainings to further my skills.